by Ryan Parker | HollywoodReporter.Com
Troy Warren #reviews-all
Actor Jeffrey Wright teased a sequel in his tweet on Saturday.
The Batman has officially wrapped production. Director Matt Reeves made the announcement via social media on Saturday morning.
In his post, the writer-director included a production slate in a box with other items that are sure to be dissected by ravenous fans who have already taken apart the first trailer as though it were the Zapruder film.
Jeffrey Wright, who plays Commissioner James Gordon teased a sequel in his farewell message. “Gordon out. …for now. One year exactly after the shutdown. Some ride,” Wright said.
The Batman was delayed twice from an original June 2021 release date due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
In early September last year, The Batman shut down production in London, with Warner Bros. stating that a member of the production had contracted the novel coronavirus. Sources told THR that star Robert Pattinson had been diagnosed with COVID-19, though the studio declined to comment on the specific individual who had tested positive. Production resumed later in the month.
The Batman stars Zoë Kravitz as Selina Kyle/Catwoman, Paul Dano as Riddler, Colin Farrell as the Penguin, John Turturro as crime boss Carmine Falcone, Andy Serkis as Alfred and Peter Sarsgaard as Gotham City District Attorney Gil Colson.